Author Topic: Genie Distribution  (Read 3267 times)

abyelias

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #0
    January 12, 2015, 04:07:03 pm

Its about Genie Distribution Codec which we recently acquired for our STLs; My idea was to feed 3 different feeds to 3 different transmission sites.
Studio Site has a GENIE DISTRIBUTION CODEC and
all transmission sites have GENIE STL codec.

Now here is what i am trying to accomplish and failed:-
Studio Audio is distributed using an Analog Distribution Amplifier which is fed to Analog Ins- 1,2,3,4,5,6 ;  Analog Ins 3-6 via DB 25 connector; The PPM meter 3-6 indicates NO LEVELS though i am sure the signal is fed and PPM source is selected to INPUT. Why is this so? Or is that normal?

And one more question:-

I made a 3 x Stereo PEER to PEER preset on GENIE DISTRIBUTION. Can this be used if i want to feed 3 diff audio to 3 tx locations? Though i made 3 different Audio Streams using the web interface i cannot figure out how i can map Analog Ins 3,4 to Audio Stream - 2 & Analog Ins 5,6 to Audio Stream - 3; Or is it the default.

Appreciate if support can help...

Thanks in Advance.

Glenn

• Global Moderator
  • Default Avatar
  • Reply #1
    January 13, 2015, 04:21:47 pm

Hi and thanks for your post on our forum.

I will address your questions in sequence and hopefully assist you with your requests for information.

1. Regarding PPM metering, The default PPM metering settings can be adjusted via Settings > Audio > PPM Mode. The relevant section of the manual to read about how PPM metering is configured is available at: http://www.tieline.com/manuals/TLR5200D/en/v2_14/index.html?genie_distribution_input_level.htm

Please double check that the 3 x peer-to-peer program has been loaded after it was created, or it is possible a stereo program is currently loaded. If you select "Program Default" as the PPM mode, and then you create and load a 3 x peer-to-peer program,  Inputs 1-6 should be mapped to PPMs 1-6.

If you have selected "HP Monitor" as the PPM mode, this setting maps PPM meters to inputs/outputs currently selected via the headphone monitoring function.  The default headphone monitoring setting is accessed via HEADPHONE > Monitor Source > [Select audio Source].

If as you mentioned the PPM mode is "Input", then it should always map input encoders 1 to 6 with PPM meters 1 to 6. Please verify the correct program is actually loaded to assist with troubleshooting.

2. If you create the 3 x Stereo Peer-to-Peer program this can indeed be used to feed 3 different stereo audio streams to 3 different sites. By default the audio streams will map inputs 1 and 2 to audio stream 1, inputs 3 and 4 to audio stream 2, inputs 5 and 6 to audio stream 3, as indicated in the diagram at the top of the section which you can read at http://www.tieline.com/manuals/TLR5200D/en/v2_14/index.html?configuring_dual_or_triple_ste.htm

Hopefully this assists you, however if you require further assistance you can email support@tieline.com, or call our support team for more detailed information.

Best regards,

Glenn

abyelias

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #2
    January 15, 2015, 11:24:17 pm

Glenn, Thanks for the reply.

I did follow the instructions step by step but with no luck.

As for contacting your support team, i did try to get in touch (Case #00010316, Case #00010328) and unfortunately these case numbers were all i got.

Being this the case i need to try and find an alternative as i don't have a spare STL/codec. Is it possible to route inputs 1,2 to all (3 no.s) Audio Streams.

abyelias

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #3
    January 15, 2015, 11:49:10 pm

Glenn, Adding to the above query - all codecs are getting interconnected via IP. It's only that Audio Streams 2,3 have no audio present. Hence the above query.

Station launch dates are set for 20th Jan, greatly appreciate if you could help.

Glenn

• Global Moderator
  • Default Avatar
  • Reply #4
    January 16, 2015, 09:01:58 am

Hi Aby,

Thanks for your patience and additional information. I will respond via email to your support ticket for case 00010328. This will allow me to more easily track the issue and post additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

best regards,

Glenn

Join Tieline.com Forum - It's Free

Become a member of the Tieline forum today!

Member Login

Email AddressPassword
Forgot your password?