Author Topic: Problem with satellite internet  (Read 3740 times)

r.maria

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #0
    March 31, 2016, 08:30:55 pm

Hello. I hope anyone can help with this problem.

I have 3 audiocodecs: 2 Commander G3 Rack and 1 Bridge-it at the studio.
Ussualy we are sendig through mobile internet (4G) and I'm able to connect to each of three codecs without problems, using my Commander G3 Field.

Recently we have bought a satellit internet system. That's the problem: through satellite I'm only able to connect to the Bridge-it but not to both G3 Rack. I have test with difrent IPs and ports exchanging theme from one to the other. Nothing helps. Only the Bridge It works.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Glenn

• Global Moderator
  • Default Avatar
  • Reply #1
    April 01, 2016, 09:04:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I believe our support team are in touch with you already about solving your issue, so they will provide more information.

best regards

DidierD

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #2
    April 14, 2016, 09:52:30 pm

Hi
We have issues when using Commander G3 over satellite (KA-SAT). It seems this is caused by the delay in the transmission.
Bridge-IT to Bridge-IT works. Bridge-IT to G3 works with some issues. G3 to G3 doesn't work.
We have exchanged with colleagues (Switzerland, Germany...) who have the same issue.
Is there a firmware release on the G3 to improve the situation? Is that a problem linked to hardware?
Thanks for help

FunnyGuy

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #3
    September 28, 2016, 01:33:43 pm

I have the same problem, I know the post is too long but I need to solve this problem this thread seem not yet resolve.

Glenn

• Global Moderator
  • Default Avatar
  • Reply #4
    October 04, 2016, 11:53:30 am

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been resolved or not via our support channels (support@tieline.com), if not, you can try using a fixed jitter buffer in the codecs to allow for the increased latency experienced over satellite networks. As a rule of thumb you could try 750ms as a starting point and increase it if required.

Best regards.

ngmedia

• Default Avatar
  • Reply #5
    July 04, 2017, 01:25:13 am

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Having issues even when I have v. good upload speeds (5Mbps) from remote site...

Join Tieline.com Forum - It's Free

Become a member of the Tieline forum today!

Member Login

Email AddressPassword
Forgot your password?