Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Re: Report-IT low return audio

Hi  danisrael,

Have you tried turning up the input gain on the codec you are connected to?

Let us know how you go.

That worked for me!

2 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Re: Report-IT low return audio

Hi  danisrael,

Have you tried turning up the input gain on the codec you are connected to?

Let us know how you go.

3 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Re: Report-IT low return audio

Low audio.  The return channel is turned on in the USER setup of the TieServer.

4 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Re: Report-IT low return audio

Hi danisrael,

Can you tell us what product you are connecting to and whether or not you are getting no return audio or just low audio?

Thanks

5 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Report-IT low return audio

I have 2 users iPhones that can't seem to get Report-IT return audio.  The send to the studio is fine, but they receive little to no audio.  Both say the iPhone audio is turned all the way up...and Bluetooth is off.

Any good troubleshooting ideas?

6 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Re: pinout of the CTRL PORT

Hi Arik103FM,

The pinouts of the CTRL Port can be found in the "Enabling Relays & RS232 Data" Please see below for an extract.

Relay Operation and Pinouts
A closing contact across Input 1 or 2 (pins 5 or 6) to Ground (pin 7) will provide a closing contact on the remote codec Output 1 (pins 1 and 2) or Output 2 (pins 3 and 4).

For multi-unicast connections to multiple codecs, a contact closure will appear on each of the compatible (non-G3) remote codecs' corresponding contacts. I.e. Input 1 shorted, Output 1 contacts on all codecs closed.

PinsPin Function
Output 1
Output 1
Output 2
Output 2
Input 1
6Input 2
7Ground

7 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / pinout of the CTRL PORT

I want to connect the Bridge-IT codec to the alarm system
I'm looking for the pinout of the CTRL PORT
There is no reference iN MANUAL

8 -  Main Topics / Remote Broadcast & Portable Newsgathering / Re: Problem with satellite internet

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Having issues even when I have v. good upload speeds (5Mbps) from remote site...

9 -  Main Topics / Audio Distribution and STLs / Re: Genie Distribution Program Priority?

If you only need to send 2 streams to each codec then you can use the “2 x Stereo Peer-to-Peer” program type and make use of the failover feature of the Distribution codecs.

To do this on the dialing codec you would create a “2 x Stereo Peer-to-Peer” program with the following settings:

1.   Each audio stream would have a normal connection which specifies the IP address of the dedicated internet connection.
2.   For each audio stream you would then create a “backup” connection which specifies the wireless broadband IP address

The way that the failover works would mean that the codec would automatically switch between each connection on failure, e.g. if the primary connection was lost the codec would automatically switch to the backup wireless connection.  The Distribution codec is also capable of performing automatic failback (enabled by default) when the codec determines that the primary connection (the dedicated internet connection) has returned and is stable, i.e. as soon as the dedicated internet connection is up and running again the codec will flip back to using this link rather than the wireless link.

10 -  Main Topics / Audio Distribution and STLs / Re: Genie Distribution Program Priority?

We are sending two streams (News Radio and Classical Music) to each site.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Join Tieline.com Forum - It's Free

Become a member of the Tieline forum today!

Member Login

Email AddressPassword
Forgot your password?